Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."

Jonathan Mak

I know we've been hearing a lot about Steve Jobs lately because of his recent passing, but wow, the guy has a pretty inspirational story!  Of the quotes I've read, this one really stands out to me:

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.  Dont be trapped by dogma--which is living with the results of other people's thinking.  Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your inner voice.  And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.  They somehow already know what you truly want to become.  Everything else is secondary."

A few days ago I was thinking of my life, what I'm doing, the big picture, etc.  I found this document that I wrote nearly 4 years ago.  At the time I printed it up and posted it around the house.

i want to be a
french speaking
yoga teacher
artist
mother
who makes extra money
doing something practical.

I still don't have my life all figured out, but a few years later, I guess I still feel sort of the same way.  I'm closer to some of these goals, further from others.  But it's time to reassess and get moving on it!  Yeah!

No comments: