Thursday, September 23, 2010

be here now


I have studied yoga and meditation, but I have never been more present in my body and in my life than I am and have been during the different stages of growing, birthing and nourishing a baby. I love him, my babe, in a way I never knew existed. He is constantly changing and I am constantly working on being present in my life, for this too shall pass. This time is precious and fleeting.
Be Here Now has been sitting on my shelves for months. I pulled it down today and started to look through it. My 13 month old baby crawled into my lap. I read "Don't think about the past. Be here now... Don't think about the future. Be here now." He started turning the pages faster than I could read them. With that thought fresh in my mind I laughed and tickled him and we rolled around and went into the other room to play.

No comments: