Saturday, January 1, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new

We had a lovely holiday season this year.  We celebrated Hanukah at home, then went to visit family (in 2 different states) this last week for Christmas and New Year's Eve.  It was busy but fun.

I have spent a lot of time lately considering our lives, past, present, future...  I decided that I want our baby to know us for the people we are during his life time, not for the people we were before.  Ben and I made a fire on New Year's Eve, drank a couple of glasses of red wine and celebrated the future, our future, our little boy's future.


I burned a few old journals in this fire.  It was melancholy and sweet, and kind of a brash decision, but it served me well.  The fire burned hot.  It was hot with the passion of my youth--my heart, my happiness, my mistakes.  I was sad and also relieved to see it go.

Here's to 2011!  This is going to be a good year.

No comments: